Olive Oil/Balsamic Vinegar Set in Hand-Blown Glass
- AIGA Member GalleryProject Featured On:AIGA Member Gallery — 3/13/13
- Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar are common and useful condiments in a home or restaurant setting. My packaging pairs the finest of both together in hand-blown bottles, all straight from Italy. Olive oil with the 'ultra-premium' grade is unique and would be one of two olive oils to earn this rating. The vinegar is a unique veriety, Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale. It goes through a unique aging process of at least 12 years. Because these products are so valuable, they are marketed to a class that values quality over price.The package reflects both the extremely fine quality and rustic Italian roots of the products. The bottles are hand-blown and therefore a unique product for every customer. Though they are initially bottles housing these condiments, they are works of art on their own. They are intended to live beyond the finite liquids they hold as a vase or table decoration. It features a sliding wooden door and partition, 100% post-consumer dust-free padding, and laser-etched design. The packaging emphasizes the exqusite and handcrafted qualities that make this product so unique.
- The first of its kind, this Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar pairing set a new standard for quality condiments. Never before has an Ultra-Premium olive oil been paired with the very best traditional balsamic of Reggio Emelia.Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale is an entirely unique vinegar experience. Made from the cooked must from the grapes of the Reggio Emelia province in Italy, this vinegar goes through a precise and keenly observed process of aging. The minimum age for our vinegars is 16 years, depending on flavor.Our Ultra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil goes through a hands-on process that ensures our quality standards. The best olives in Italy are cold-pressed and refined, then bottled by hand in our glass bottles, hand-blown by working Italian glass artists.
- I collaborated with a student in the glass department, Barron Webster, for the crafting of these unique bottles.
- The rectangular forms were set to cut in a laser-cutter and all other vector lines were scored by the machine. This creates a fine brown burning effect that translates cleanly with the wood aesthetic.