For some time now I've really wanted to get into making more of the portraits I had a chance to create for thesis. They really became some of the most fun and enjoyable pieces I worked on for it and regretted not purchasing more of the antique frames while I was in Salem.
One Saturday, I decided to start scouting for more of the old frames in locale antique shops. I figured if I couldn't find them in any of the antique stores located here in the city, I would most certainly find some other treasures to use. After going in and out of a few here in Brooklyn with little luck, I finally hit the mother-load and purchased a bunch of these little beauties to keep me going.
As I began some of the new works I started playing with some of the photographs I had taken out of the frames. just testing new thing and seeing what sort of effects I could make by painting over some of the pictures. I had a lot of fun with them and figured I would post a few of the results.
I'll be posting some of the finals I had made soon but for now I hope you enjoy a few of these tests as much as I enjoyed making them!