- This was a live project to create an identity for a new jeans brand, aimed at a young audience (18-25 year olds). Then halfway through the project we had to change our target market, this time aimed at an older audience (45-65 year olds).
- The label design is informed by the ticket concept behind the ‘Noise’ brand. The idea is that each label acts as a ticket for exclusive live music events, gigs and festivals. The icon is inspired by ticket styles from the past, to coincide with the brand’s focus on old-fashioned and handmade crafted quality. These two images display the original digital design, and the final outcome in the form of a letterpress print.
- ‘Noise’ is about more jeans, it encourages social movement amongst the youth of today. It’s about being heard, being seen and getting noticed. The ethos of the brand is about making noise in the public eye, it’s supports the contreversial nature of youth culture. The brand image is based upon a bold type style, with a retro inspiration to appeal to youth fashion.
The ‘Noise’ brand also has a strong tie to the music industry, which is symbolised with the old fashioned ticket icon. This is a unique selling point of the brand, every pair of jeans sold can allow the customer access to exclusive music events.
- This was the second half of the live project to create an identity for a new jeans brand. Except this time, aimed at an older audience (45-65 year olds). My aim with Encore is to encourage the 45 – 65 year old audience to embrace life and enjoy themselves, without the worry of ageing. The name itself refers to the idea of entertainment, the pinnacle of the evening – the final song at a concert.
Focusing on this concept I have incorporated a sense of nostalgia to capture fond memories of youth, using retro style graphics with an upmarket feel. I have achieved this brand image through my promotional posters which recreate film stills of the jeans being made by hand; the hand crafted quality is a very important aspect of the brand identity.
Another significant avenue of the brand is the integration with the entertainment industry, special events (film screenings/concerts/theatre performances) that are exclusive to Encore customers, the label itself is the ticket which can gain them access. Encore is about encouraging people to live and enjoy the things they love.
- The ticket concept behind ‘Noise’ remains within the ‘Encore’ brand. However, the ticket allows access to a wider range of entertainment. Such as; theatre, film and concerts. The shape has been slightly altered, but is still based on a retro ticket, to portray the sense of nostalgia within the brand. These two images display the original digital design, and the final outcome in the form of a letterpress print.