- NIKE TRACK & FIELD
Photography & Advertising Campaign
- Project Objective:This project was given to us to do an advertising campaign using our photography skills that i learned in photography class. The objective is to create and effective advertisement for the options that they have give to us. We had to select a niche, a photographer we can emulate his/her style of work and our client.My SelectionNiche - SportsPhotographer Emulate - Adam PrettyClient - Nike
- Idea:My Idea for this is to create a different Nike campaign i notice from all the previous class project they either used Basketball, Football and Fitness. I wanted to challenge myself to do something that I'm not that familiar with, so I selected track and field i wanted to capture an athletes emotion before he/she runs and show his determination and dedication because being a track athlete takes a lot of dedication and practice to be great and that's what I'm pushing for myself is to be a great designer. I want the image to capture emotion and passion with a dark feel to it since nike is more into the darker side and its always looks more strong and powerful.
- Process:I did some research on how Nike do their Ads. I also did research on some photos of the photographer i'm targeting to emulate. also other photographer that takes amazing sports photography. I drew up some sketches and ideas on how i'm gonna do this project so here are some examples of my sketches and inspiration image.
- Equipment/Challenges:Nikon D3000 and 50mm lens 18-55 lens.Location: Track & FieldModel: Male AthleteFor my project i challenge my self to create this amazing image that would capture the athletes emotion and make the image look very powerful to create an amazing AD campaign for Nike and to really challenge myself with photography. Equipment is a big challenge for this project. Since I am student we don't really get a budget to rent out special lights to help out provide the effect we want and location is also a key to create an amazing background and make the AD stronger, since I'm doing a track & field athlete location is important.
- Expanding the Campaign:For My next challenge i had to expand this project to two more advertisement so i the challenge to recreate a the shoot and continue the campaign after a few month of this project which for me is easier since i already know my process and location and my model.