- Nick Edwards Album cover Artwork
- This is the artwork I done for the new Nick Edwards Album "Plekzationz" Here is some info from the record company website:
"Initially inspired by Industrial, dub reggae, krautrock, radiophonics and the nascent sounds emerging from techno, hip hop and ambient, Nick Edwards began recording experimental electronic music in his teens. Using analogue synths and a basic home recording set-up, he unveiled his first (and until now, only) album under his own name on a self-released cassette in 1994.Then, following numerous obscure projects and collaborations under various guises, Edwards eventually came to prominence as a music blogger, writing the influential Gutterbreakz blog from 2003-2009. He then returned to music making with the critically acclaimed Ekoplekz solo project, releasing work at a relentless pace across various labels, including Punch Drunk, Mordant Music, Further, Perc Trax and Public Information.
For his debut eMego release, Edwards finally steps out from behind the Ekoplekz mask, although (as the album title might suggest) the music contained within acts as both showcase for, and summary of, the sonic obsessions that have driven the Ekoplekz sound over the past two and a half years.
Working with primitive hardware and cassette four-track technology, Edward's still draws strength from his formative influences (Cabaret Voltaire, King Tubby, Suicide, Radiophonic Workshop, etc) whilst striving to carve out his own defiantly raw, lo-fi, analogue identity."
The work was split into three parts.
One: a photoshoot taken in the men's toilets of The Cube Arts Multiplex, In Bristol!
Two: I spent about 5 days painting Nick , on canvas.
Three: I then used Photoshop and Corel Painter to embellish the original image.
The back cover was done in two parts;
One: Photoshoot at Bristol Docks
Two; image produced using Photoshop and Corel Painter.
The Vinyl inlays was produced using Photoshop
The Album is on sale now at Editions Mego website, on CD and Glorious Vinyl!
- Original Work On Canvas (Acrylic, Marker, Paper and PVA)
- Artwork scanned, Cropped, and embellishments with Corel Painter, and other post production work in Photoshop.
- Back Cover .. All digital work, used Corel Painter and Photoshop. The cranes are from Bristol Docks.
- Photo of CD cover and CD Disc with Crane.
- Vinyl Front Cover with Vinyl inlay (double album, 4 different colour cranes on each side) No inlay is numbered.. you have to work out side A, Side B etc from the back cover image. (super idea!)