The actions performed from SAGARPA landraces care is through the so-called National Plant Genetic Resources (SINAREFI), its operation is being done throughnetworking.
In the specific case of the corn, take actions aimed at conservation,sustainable use and management of the races from Mexico, in this context have been mainly working in the following areas of attention, for the 52 races from Mexico:
In situ conservation:
• Inventory of races of maize, identification of endangered breeds, ethnobotanical studies, predictive models and distribution maps of races.
• Identification of areas of diversity, as the number of breeds and types that are grown,and participatory breeding.
• Community Bank, to assist farmers in disaster.
• Seed production to meet the restoration of production systems in disaster.
Ex situ conservation:
• Maintenance and diagnosis of maize collection preserved in genebanks SINAREFI work.
• Regeneration of maize collections preserved in genebanks SINAREFI work.
•Collection races aimed at underrepresented in gene banks.