Multicolore FREE Font
- Typography ServedProject Featured On:Typography Served — 1/27/13
- I have been playing with this one for few days. Technically it is not a font (as the current state of technology doesn't allow it) and you cannot write with it in your favorite program - you will need a vector editing application like Adobe Illustrator to easily create short texts for headlines, posters or whatever. Or simply stack few characters to create some random art :).
My initial inspiration came from Mohawk Paper logo.
- To easily change the color of any of the color segments : from Window Menu choose Swatches. Then in the Swatches palette change the color of the main color swatches by double-clicking the desired swatch.
- To achieve more interesting effects, from Window Menu choose Layers and then make Dotted or Inline layers visible by clicking the eye icon.
- The archive also includes a Symbol Library which allows you to add the desired characters to your designs very easy. After you extract the files in the ZIP to your hard drive, just follow these 3 steps:
- 1. Make sure the SYMBOLS palette is visible, by choosing Window > Symbols
- 2. In the Symbols palette, click the little triangle in the top right corner and choose Open Symbol Library and then choose Other Library
- 3. Find multicolore-library.ai and open it. Now you just pick the desired characters from the list of thumbnails and drag & drop it to your artboard. That's all!!!
- To open the included files you need at Adobe Illustrator CS3 or better.
Download (Adobe Illustrator CS3 AI, EPS & PDF Formats): CLICK HERE
Thanks for watching!!!
- Some examples of Multicolore in action: