- Mobile DJ Flightcase
Get your gear together and party!
- The mobile DJ Flightcase is a case which suits two needs: To store my DJ equipment and to support the equipment when I want to play. These needs are not impossible to combine, but are a challenge. I designed and built the case from scratch using mostly scrap material in 3 (partial) days. The end product can hold my MIDI controller, and a mixer. When fully extended you can also place a laptop or other handy devices. The pictures below show how the case works.
- The closed case is 15kg and has the following dimensions: 38x42x30cm (WxHxD). It's made of plywood.
- Because of the many purposes of the case, it has many hinges and clamps to keep it together. Building a case can be done straightforward, but to support the astetics I deliberately chose for curved cuts. This makes it so much more beautiful.
- If you open the flightcase by its hinges you get the base of the system. The MIDI controller is still locked away behind the wooden lid on the right. The midi controller can't be bolted to the wood and the lid secures it in the case.
- There are two lids and thay have a second function. There are slots on the tilting mechanism, where you can place the lids to create extra workingspace at the same angle as the midi device and the mixer.
- Now the lids are removed, the devices can be tilted for an ergonomic working angle and can be wired.
- The lids can now be placed in the slits, creating extra worksurfaces for external devices like a laptop or a cd player.
- Time to disco!