- In preparation for their ninth birthday celebration, the Mind On Fire music collective expressed an interest in making use of some of my personal artwork. It's fair to say this image has been treated differently than much of the illustrated output of the studio. This project has allowed for the work to become more complete, and for that my thanks go to the guys at MOF.
- The items made for social media include images for facebook, all optimised for minimal web compression. The event banner has been created at the correct display dimensions, with typography added centrally as this is the segment of the banner sampled when facebook generates thumbnails.
- The cover for the Mind On Fire facebook page is also designed to display dimensions, which are slightly different from the event banner. Sampling another part of the artwork, the typography is positioned to the right, so it is not obscured by the overlaid profile picture on the left side.
- For use on Twitter is a version of the poster artwork cropped to a square shape. This is so it would fit better into the Twitter feed and also be of use in SoundCloud and Mixcloud. These are the images for online promotion.
- In addition to the online items, a printed poster and flyer has been developed. CMYK printing can not recreate these intense screen colours, so the artwork was digitally recoloured to give a close approximation to the jade green hues.
The original artwork had been created at A3 size, so the poster was already composed. The flyer size was A6, meaning the poster could not simply be shrunken without collapsing the line work and making the typography illegible. So the flyer front and back were re-envisioned accordingly. Typography has been applied to both poster and flyer using an eight column grid.