# info "Marvin the Martian" is a 50' eco-sustainable fiberglass cruising catamaran. The need of becoming "green" has become a pressing matter in boating during recent years. This project's goal was to create a boat capable of being autonomous and self-sufficient from an energy standpoint. This type of boat is placed right between sailing and motor boating. Since sailing has always been the most eco-friendly way to cruise the seas, this project suggests the creation of a third category of boating that bears characteristics found in both sailing and motorboats. This necessity - an eco-sustainable motorboat - derives from the market's needs; in fact, only a 10% of the international boating market corresponds to acquisitions of sailing boats. The low percentage can be explained by numerous factors, not least of which is the need for a very specific instruction in order to sail. The remaining 90% prefers to experience sea life in a more indirect way so, therefore, the idea of offering a cruise yacht that does not require particular abilities or instruction, while at the same time remaining eco-sustainable - providing low gas consumption and a silent navigation - could become an intriguing alternative.