- METRO STATIONS AND PUBLIC TRANSPORT - MY VISION FOR WARSAWConcepts of the interiors for the 2nd line of metro in Warsaw.I decided to design them when I saw the projects that were accepted by the city. They are horrible! You can see them at the bottom of this page. They were designed by some "big and respectable" architecture studio, but this is not their best work.
I used the actual architectural plans for the stations to keep my concepts as close to reality as possible.
I`ve chosen three stations in the center of the city and designed them from scratch trying to give them unique character and look.When I started my work on the stations (over a year ago) I decided to change everything that connects to the city public transport - from tickets, through ticket machines interface to websites. This things are just ugly and outdated.You can see the rest of the projects that are part of my vision for Warsaw Public Transport in my other projects here at behance.net:
- Let`s start from the Nowy Świat Station (Nowy Świat = New World - it`s the street at the center of the city).Design was inspired by Space Odyssey 2001. I wanted to create an illusion of space ship with viewing tunnel where you can watch the stars, other galactics and maybe some new, unknown worlds.
- The walls are made of the aluminium tiles with laser cut holes that imitates stars. The tiles are lighted from behind so when one is standing on the platform sees shining stars.
- The next station is Powiśle Station. It`s located near the Wisła river and the train tunnels will run under the bottom of it.Design was inspired by underwater life and mermaid`s tail that shines like fish scales. Mermaid is the symbol of Warsaw City and there are several Mermaids statues in the city - one of them is near the planned exits from the Powiśle Station.
- The walls are made of the aluminium tiles laser cut to the shape of the fish scales. The tiles are coated with "cameleon" -like varnish that changes its color depending from the angle of viewing and light direction.
- This station is located near the National Stadium and it`s named Stadion Station.I wanted to make it match to the architecture of the Stadium so i took the most recognizable element of it`s elevation - the "basket" that runs all around the building.I created my version of the "basket" that would be cheap and easy to produce.
- Now see the projects that may become reality! UGH!Here are the logotypes for the three stations - my proposition vs. "their" :)
- Here`s the Nowy Świat Station:
- The Powiśle Station:
- And the Stadion Station:
- Please tell me that this is a bad joke! But it`s not.
- You can see the rest of the projects that are part of my vision for Warsaw Public Transport in my other projects here at behance.net:
Kawa Metro - cafeteria for every station -
Ticket Machine - new form and interface -