- Luxury Garage Community
This concept, currently in the preliminary planning stages, fills a unique demand in the hobby vehicle market for working garage space as well as storage space.
Role: In collaboration with Longview Planning, People Places Design Inc. was commissioned to provide research, site planning, design and drawing.
As this is such a unique niche project, with specific user preferences new to both me and our client, I started with fairly extensive research on likely customers and their vehicles, preferred unit sizing, amenities, and circulation. This was followed by assessment of setbacks, ROW's, topography, drainage, and determination of site yield and density, preliminary stormwater design, unit sizing, amenities, and circulation.
- Mixed Units preserve the building footprint and site layout while allowing for flexible unit configuration. This means if there is more demand for larger units in future phases, interiors can change without affecting the rest of the design. This saves time and money for the builder.
- Customizable units accommodate work area, bathroom, game/cards area, kitchenette, office, etc.
- Wide range of unit sizes cover everything from snowmobiles and motorbikes to RV's and luxury cars
- The largest and most luxurious units are located to take advantage of beautiful views of the ravine and the sun on outdoor decks.
- All units have convenient access to visitor parking
- Pull through parking at entrance accommodates trailers for loading of vehicles