- LUMBRA was an exhibition made by Amalgama, a group of graphic designers and illustrators to which I'm part of. The exhibition consisted in making the graphic design for a lamp called LUMBRA designed by Buruca Studio.
With the concept we wanted to ask to every people of our country "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MAKE YOUR COUNTRY SHINE?" inviting them to make something good for the country instead of just complain and criticize. 18 graphic designers and illustrators gave their interpretation of the question, and made a design for their own lamp.
The exhibition was supported by El Centro Cultural de España and other sponsors; It had a great acceptance from the people. The lamps were on sale and the half of the money raised from the sales is meant for a foundation called Fundaquique which helps underprivileged children to get superior education.
- The inspiration for my design started with an accident that I had months ago, I erased some extremely important files on my computer, but then (after almost faint) I found a solution to recover them. The files came back from the dead, but some of them were corrupted, but they looked absolutely beautifull.
- Then I thought, what would happen if I make something out of this mistake?
- So this is what happened :) I decided to make a texture of happy characters, so the lamp would look good from every side, and it will simulate a fabric pattern.
- • Final piece
- Concept: Sistema Operactivo - The universe is not made of a single star and a monitor is not made of a single pixel. Together we form an operating system, but for this to work, we need to update and improve our previous version, learning from our mistakes, without letting our own brilliance blind us. We have to learn to shine together and our country will shine.
- • Zoom
- Lamp with the design