- Looks Like Fun is a gallery show, zine, and body of work created by Leanna Perry and Eddie Perrote.The phrase: "Looks Like Fun" was coined by Leanna in April, after noticing that she always threw out the phrase, it " looks like fun", when being asked to describe her work.We got the opportunity to host a show at WillCall Studio + Gallery in St. Paul, MN, and decided that Looks Like Fun would make a perfect theme, and give us a reason to create for sheer enjoyment with no exterior motives. That being said, we had a lot of F U N
- LEANNA'S WORK
- EDDIE'S WORK
- *VRBAL : 12x20" Gouache Painting.
- *BRCK WVVY : 16x20" Gouache & Spraypaint
- *ENT : 16x20" Gouache & Ink
- *GHST MVNE : 16x20" Gouache & Spraypaint
- *MNTAL : 16x20" Mixed Media
- *VIZL : 16x20" Gouache & Spraypaint
- LOOKS LIKE FUN
at WillCall Studio + Gallery
Reception: Friday, July 12th 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Open Gallery: Saturday, July 13th 12 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Featuring Art by:
Leanna Perry - www.leannaperry.com
Eddie Perrote - www.eddieperrote.com
Josh Manoles - www.joshuamanoles.com
Bill Rebholz - www.billrebholz.com
Kelsey Dusenka - www.kelseydusenka.com
Mr. HBAK - http://66sexxx.tumblr.com/
HotRibs - https://soundcloud.com/hot-ribs
Fun is created by stimulating the brain with novelty. It is an enjoyable distraction diverting the mind and body from any serious task, and is often informal, short-term, and active. Looks Like Fun explores a galaxy of illustration and design with an energetic, unsubscribed sensibility for creative exploration. Drawing from after-hours ephemera, tomfooleries, neon signage, and one-of-a-kind visceral ornamentation, each of the 6 featured artists have created a vibrantly stimulating, relentless graphic narrative.Playful, indulgent, and beguiling we present to you a landscape of sheer pandemonium:
- LOOKS LIKE FUN ZINE
- 12 page zine recapping the aesthetic and highlights of the show, edition of 14, 4x5inWe made this in 5 hours as a sort of "self-initiated collaboration challenge" the day of the show opening, and handed them out to everyone who participated and some lucky guests.The front tab is printed on assorted astrobrights cardstock, the body is printed on various white confetti papers.
- T H A N K S F O R L O O K I N G !