and their Brands
- Above is the identity of a furniture store that caters to young professionals living the city life that want a little more "life" in their apartment. To give you an idea of this company's product image that Whole Foods and Crate and Barrel had a baby... It would be Wildthings.
- This organization represents the professors and faculty of the Connecticut Universities. They needed a mark to gain presence at the capitol and a symbol to rally behind. They needed a voice, and what better song than of a robin. Using the Connecticut's state bird on a weathervane shows the high up and pivotal role(pun intended) this organization has on behalf of the four campuses.
- Cognac only comes from Cognac, France, and the people out in the vineyards and distilleries making all this cognac drink Dionysus. The concept for this identity came from a class assignment where a company name and product is given(Dionysus spirits) and a brand had to be created. Research into Dionysus mythology revealed that even he was once too inebriated to walk and was carried by his faithful donkey.A cognac for the middle/low class and just like the demigod himself, "twice born, twice distilled."
- How do you let a victim of sexual violence know that there are people ready to help and support them? Sexual assault often leaves victims feeling alone with nowhere to turn for help. This logo shows the diverse social circles that exist if one looks. For someone who may feel isolated, this mark shows hope and for someone part of the organization, it functions as a badge showing that they are not alone.A guide was designed to help faculty and students properly handle the delicate situation if someone needs help after an incident of sexual violence.
- The DCF(Department of Children and Families) approached Central Design for help raising awareness of alarming rate of youth suicides in Connecticut. The mark needed to appeal to anyone ages 8-22 and communicate the role the organization plays in preventing youth suicide.An awareness campaign followed where I designed a small booklet that is discreet and personal.