- Light Studies
Studies of light and shadows upon objects.
These are some of my studies of light and how to create light cast upon objects. I have been using the major shapes that are used in creating my drawings. And also taking paper and making shapes that are uniform and non uniform to expand my techniques for shapes. I will be including more over time in this section once I have updated the rest of my projects. I just want to start getting organized.
- These are the sketches that where made of a still-life that I had set up for the study. There is no direct light that I stet up for casting high-lights, low-lights, or shadows. I am just using a atmosphere lighting to create these studies.
These are abstract shapes that are created for the shadows that could be created from light. The shapes are created on tracing paper then overlay upon the sketches. When I hold the two pieces of paper over a light box, (Light from behind the paper), I can see how shadows can be transformed from the abstract shapes. I like to use one and two directional lighting for most of my work. And I like large contrast images that have intense lighting upon the subject matter. So these studies help me trance form the images that I see in my environment into a dynamic lighting with out needing the light to exist. I get to create the light and the way a composition will visualize the subject matter and the main visual points.
- This is the Abstract Light design that I chose to create the final study.
- These are a few studies out of about 30 that I also liked the abstract design and potential of light design.
- These are the final steps, Sketch and abstract shapes that are transfered to the final drawing. And the last image is the final drawing that I have created.
- Here is another study of light that I really do like.