- La Voz Hispana TV
Complete Graphics and visual identity package created for a regional bi-lingual news program
La Voz Hispana is a regional new organization devoted to providing bi-lingual news to the Spanish speaking communities in the Midwest. The Sioux Falls South Dakota, chapter of La Voz Hispana began as a magazine and through the vision of Juan Bonilla the companies leader, made the decision to expand beyond print and enter the world of broadcast television. The previous set of graphics used by the La Voz Hispana were dated, poorly designed and in desperate need of an upgrade. With the release of the new La Voz Hispana television show it presented the perfect opportunity to upgrade the La Voz Hispana's visual identity.
- When I was first introduced to the task of creating a new broadcast graphics package for La Voz Hispana I was optimistic about using their current designs and visual identity as a foundation for the broadcast graphics. However, after seeing their previous designs and logos it became apparent they need a visual update from the ground up. Some of the core values that we wanted to be reflected in the La Voz identity were contemporary, relevant, and vibrance.
- Old Logo
- Final Logo
- Broadcast Graphics
- With a contemporary new logo design complete, the next step was to develop movement, style, and treatments to create a complete visual identity for La Voz Hispana. An identity which could be use across all mediums, including motion graphics.
The first and most important part of the La Voz Hispana TV broadcast graphics package was the show open. This piece had to encapsulate the entire La Voz identity into a 30 second animation. The goal of the open was to capture both the local and regional appeal of the show while still enforcing the professional, contemporary feel of the La Voz brand.
- Show Open
- Additional Graphic Elements
- Still Frames
- Graphics Standards
- The final step in completing the La Voz Hispana visual identity was to create a brief set of graphics standards to be used by designers creating extensions to the La Voz Hispana brand.
Below is the La Voz Hispana Branding Guidelines Manual
- The Show
- Finally, here is a short clip from the pilot episode of La Voz Hispana TV, which aired October 23rd, 2010 on KDLT television, Sioux Falls SD.
Thanks for viewing.
Below are various examples of how the La Voz brand style could be applied to their regional magazine.