- My 'Happy Meal' Version...
- Because if life doesn't smile at you, then your breakfast will!
- Potatosaurus Dulcis
- Not so well-known by the general public was the very interesting, yet short lived Dinosaur era called the Plantzoic Period.
And one of the most interesting creatures of that Period was the Potatosaurus Dulcis.
What's curious about this guy is that unlike his cousin, the dangerousPotatosaurus Rex, the Potatosaurus Dulcis was a totally herbivorous dinosaur and a very 'sweet' guy.
He also, unfortunately, had no clue of what was going on around him... which ended up being the reason of his own extinction.
- The Kiwano is a rare type of fruit that lives in south China.
Once a year though... during the harsh winter of China this peculiar fruit swims to the
warmer atlantic waters of Brazil in search of more rich feeding grounds and caipirinhas...
Once drunk, this shy (yet very friendly) little guy tends to hit on everything, including colorful baits...
- Eggplant Orca Whale (A product of "Aubergenetic Engineering"!)
- I went out for this Eggplant Orca Fridge-Watch Program trip one of these days...
Beautiful things they are.
This guy here was just totally showing-off for us. Glad I had my camera with me.
- Oh No! Swim for your lives...
- ...it's a Potatoctapus!
Very little is known of this mysterious species that lives hidden in the deep blue sea...
...where does he come from? Where does he hides? What does he eats? And why does he taste so good in a salad??
Those are a few of the questions that we may never find an answer for...
- Pea Mantis
- A new species that I found in my kitchen this morning...
- Meet Gary...
- Gary is a very rare species of Snail. He’s a Snana.
I’d introduce you to Gary if you want. But not today. Because today Gary is a hurry.
You see, he made a bet with his fellow snails that he’d make it to the bottom of this stone in less than 2 minutes.
He claims he can make it…
But all the other snails doubt him. They all say Gary has officially ‘gone bananas’.
Maybe. But then again, perhaps it’s just something in his nature?
Anyway... I told him to take a shortcut by jumping.
...and because of that now he isn't talking to me either... Snanas have no sense of humor...
- Pac-Man (Camembert Style!)
- Suicide OREO!
- ...were 'playing with your food' is taken to a whole new dramatic level!
- Garlic Crab
- Originally from the Mediterranean Sea, and nowadays spread all over the world, the Garlic Crab meat is very famous for it's intense and extremely pungent spicy flavor.
They're also quite cute and curious little buggers.
- ...when a Pitaya meets a Pineapple...
- She was soft, mature, exotic and incredibly sweet...
He was more common, tougher, a bit sour and younger...
Yet, when their googly eyes met it was love at first sight!
Now they live like this... so close and yet so far.
(at least until a breeding program that involves pitayas and pineapples is created...)
- Medieval Carrots!
- Definition: Medieval carrots were a bit smaller in size than modern ones and came in a variety of colors, including white, yellow, orange, red, brown, and purple.
They were also much, much more aggressive than today...
- Behold! The magnificent Fridge Walrus...
- Even more rare than the Arctic and Pacific Walrus is the Fridge Veggie Walrus.
This interesting and sweet creature lives hided inside frost-free freezers all year long, usually behind the frozen fishes and on top of the ice cubes.
Thanks to the increasing popularity of the use of sweet potatoes in dishes all over the world this fascinating creature has unfortunately also became an endangered species after the Thanksgiving of 1992.
As a member of the Fridge Walrus Appreciation Society and also acting as a guardian of this species, I must beg to all of you hungry fridge owners out there that if you happen to open your fridge freezers and see one of them in there... be conscious!
Save the Fridge Walrus!
...and just eat one of those frozen pepperoni mini-pizzas that I know you got in there instead!
- Native Carrots!
- Meet 'Al' Bergine...
- ...the meanest eggplant there ever was!
'Al' doesn't like you... Actually, 'Al' doesn't like anyone...
You got a problem with that??
Love is tender....
Love is sweet....
Like a papaya and a peach!"
- Pumpkin Skating...
- Sport dominated by the Russian carrots since 1896!
- 'Never look Back.'
- ...it’s actually a very good advice.
Specially if you happen to be a rare and exotic Mango Fish during the official 'Mango-Fish Spearfishing Season'.
Swim little buddy! Swim…
I’ll distract him for ya.
- The Lemon-Frog 'Kiss Scam’ Exposed!
- The ladies usually meet him during casual walks in parks… soft talk, vulnerable look and sweet blueberry eyes…
Once the first contact is established, he begins to tell his sad and sour tale…
He start by telling them that even though he looks like a lemon-frog, ‘deep inside’ he’s a real prince, stranded from his true destiny by deceitful and unfortunately events in his life.
He also tells them he has a beautiful Kingdom in a far, far away land awaiting for his glorious return along with his new Queen, the women of his dreams and the one that with a kiss, has ended all his suffering and saved him from his cruel lemon-frog destiny...
So far… 435 romantic women have believed in him.
However, more victims are still being accounted for…
So if you see this frog around… don't believe his apparently sweet blueberry eyes and whatever happens, don't fall for his 'kissing scam!'
...because most of the times in our lives a man is just a man, a frog is just a frog, a lemon is just a lemon and above all... a lemon-frog is just a lemon-frog.
- Radish Mice
- Turtle Bread
- The Little Carrot
- “And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart
that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.”
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry -- 'The Little Prince', 1943.
- Pepper-Toco Toucan
- Very typical in tropical forests.
...as well as in tropical salads.
- Meet Guido...
- He's a VeggieBug!
... and he has also brought you a gift: a tiny little watercress leaf.
He knows it's just a symbolic gift. Yet, he didn't want it to meet you without giving you this leaf.
That's Guido... the sweetest bug that ever lived!
- The Mysterious Case of Pepe, the Pepper.
- Pepe was a member of a small Green Pepper community in the countryside of Mexico… however… Pepe was different…he never felt he fitted the mildly manners of his fellow green peppers. Pepe was a temperamental and hot-headed pepper who really wanted to spice up his life! He had dreams and hopes that no one in his community understood.
But he didn’t mind. Simply because he always believed he could.
One day after a discussion with a friend, Pepe went to bed. When he woke up he was like this… half midly green, half hot red.
Dr. Scoville, the community doctor, couldn’t find a reasonable explanation. Ana Heim, the community leader insisted it was just a fever.
But Pepe knew better. He knew it was the dawn of his destiny. And so, against all advices, he left. He went to pursue his dreams… and maybe, just maybe… to finally find himself…
Pepe now lives in Avery Island, Louisiana. Works for Mc Ilhenny’s Co. Tabasco. And has recently married a beautiful and hot Jalapeña pepper. And even though they do have a few heated arguments, they are, indeed, very happy!