LIVESTRONG : UMB Visa Credit Card
- AIGA Member GalleryProject Featured On:AIGA Member Gallery — 10/21/12
- The Lance Armstrong Foundation: UMB Visa Credit Card
- In August 2012, the Lance Armstrong Foundation and UMB Bank created a LIVESTRONG branded Visa affinity credit card. With the Lance Armstrong Foundation Visa Platinum Rewards Credit Card, the cardholder receives Visa Platinum benefits, earns redeemable rewards points by shopping at participating retailers, has the security of fraud protection and 24/7 emergency customer service, and most importantly, shows support and pride for LIVESTRONG by earning money for the organization while promoting the brand. The Foundation receives $50 per card activation as well as .79% of the money charged. There was also an opportunity for the Foundation's twitter followers to tweet #LIVESTRONGCard and UMB donated $0.25 for each tweet. To purchase this credit card, please visit: http://livestrong.org/pages/umbvisa/.The goal was to design one card, keeping the design simple yet profound enough to stand out. Based on the variety of concepts I provided, the final product is a set of five card options that are visually striking and truly encompass the message and mood of the Foundation. The cardholder can select whichever card they would like to represent their effortin supporting the commitment to the 28 million cancer survivors.
- I was responsible for drafting a variety of concepts and creating the final artwork.
- I came up with dozens of designs and completed several revisions before arriving at the final artwork taking inspiration from the brand's already established assets, like the internationally recognized LIVESTRONG wristbrand. In addition the wristband and Foundation logos, I wanted to incorporate additional images aside from the standard options that are equally important to the mission of the Foundation.One card shows the "FIGHT LIKE HELL" slogan - which is derived from a statement made by the founder, Lance Armstrong. This powerful message encourages survivors to never give up and that your life is worth the fight. As an intern with the Foundation for nearly six months, I witnessed the personification of this message on a daily basis and knew it had to be on one of these cards. I based the design of this card on a popular LIVESTRONG shirt. An alternative card displays another one of the Foundation's powerful slogans "I Am A Survivor". The Foundation uses this phrase as a way for survivors to celebrate their survivorship - and the Foundation is really one of the only organizations of its kind that focuses on survivorship. I also witnessed how proud people are to wear this message on shirts, on their body, and on donated plaques displayed in the Foundation's Austin headquarters. I thought this would be another great image to have on this card for survivors to proudly celebrate their personal survivorship while supporting others.
- I also helped design and edit the landing page.
- Above are examples of the many different card iterations I made throughout this design process.