- LG REFRIGERATORS:The new way for chef fanatics to be creative with their cooking, in their own kitchen. We wanted to promote creativity and the freedom to express themselves through cooking— which we consider another form of art.
- THE BIG IDEA:
Be creative with your cooking in your kitchen.
- THE STRATEGY:
Females, single/married with children, college educated—+2 years, suburban living, 25-49 employed part-time/stay-at-home MOM, 40k+ HHI(single)/80k+ HHI(married).
Stay-at-home mom, about 30-31; Most likely has younger children – elementary (maybe middle); She is soccer mom and carries the title proudly as she journeys all over town in her Honda Odyssey; She enjoys time with friends but only when she needs a break from the kids or Bill; She lives with her family in a suburban neighborhood about 15 minutes out of the city but is familiar with the urban trek because her youngest has ballet downtown— she knows the area, especially where to shop for groceries for dinner; Enjoys eating healthy, stays in shape, and believes her family should be too; feels the refrigerator (GE fridge) is appropriate brand to represent family – keeps food fresh for families sake, family meals are of utmost importance to this family in particular, very traditional values/views.
- 01: PRINT
"CREATE YOUR MASTERPIECE" Print CampaignThe LG CoolCook Competition would begin the campaign with the purchase of a number of magazine print space. The ads wold be visually driven to draw the viewer through the ad, done to the call-to-action.
- Located at the bottom right of each ad, the call-to-action "Create your masterpiece" drives the viewers to the microsite address below.CALL TO ACTION
THE COOLCOOK ONLINE COMPETITION:The competition was for the consumer to take part in an 8-week national cooking competition that involved a set list of ingredients given through the microsite that they must create a "creative" recipe from.
- THE CATCH:The recipe would have to be made without using any source of heat. The ingredients would only come from items you often find in your refrigerator.
THE PRIZE:Each week one recipe would be chosen as that week's CoolCook. Each week's winner would be featured on the site with their recipe. By week 8 all of the winners would compete "chef-to-chef" to see who can create the most creative CoolCook recipe.
- BE THE NEXT:The consumer would have to sign-up through Facebook, Twitter, or Email to gain access to the list. On the site they could create a profile, connect with other competitors, get updates on Food Network news and events, keep track with an active countdown, etc.
- THE COMPETITION PAGE:Encouraged to connect with other "cool cooks" with a messaging feature and leader boards, competitors would be fully involved and constantly updated with the current events of the competition.
- THE WINNER:The winner's recipe would then be featured on the season finale of Food Network's Chopped.Here is the link to the active site (Firefox is the best browser to use to view the site):
03: SOCIAL MEDIA
COOLCOOK Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
To fully involve the target, we tied the entire campaign back to the social media highways.