- We were called upon to create titles for Kyoorius Designyatra 2013, one amongst the top five annual design conferences in the world. We were totally blown by the distinctive and original concepts we received from Kay and too excited to go about the project.
Pretty large typography were created with hundreds of coloured ice cubes set on a canvas to form letters CREATE CHANGE, the theme for the 2013 edition of Kyoorius Designyatra . The idea evolved into an unseen and unexpected visual experience to shoot and watch both. As the coloured cubes started to melt, they began to glitter like gem stones against stark light. Furthermore they soaked into the canvas drawing a water colour painting. The letters was shot for a stretch of more than 12 hours, melting away bit by bit & forming random patterns on the canvas. So heres the film to get you into the mood, warm you up for what you're about to experience at the fest.
- Rather large typography were created with layers of hues of colors of wax set one on top of another to form letters CREATE CHANGE, the theme for the 2013 edition of Kyoorius Designyatra which will push the envelope and challenge creative professionals to use design as a tool to create real change - change that's beyond the aesthetic. The idea evolved into an unseen and unexpected visual experience to shoot and watch both. As the wax began to melt, it began to reveal itself in unexpected forms left to the realm of imagination. At instances it shaped itself into volcanic deep craters that were excavated into the land surface, while some looked like a sunrise against a volcanic mountain at the break of dawn, while some seemed like rivers cutting through mountains and making way down vast landscapes, while some others like bubbling molten lava.
- Rather large typography were created with hundreads white flowers inserted into food colors to form letters CREATE CHANGE. The human interference was almost evident like in a science experiment. The flowers magi- cally transformed into that of an abstract, of surreal, weird colours blooming naturally in the process of picking food colours that in turn added to the flow of the video. Time lapse shots of the flowers was shot for a stretch of more than 24hours. So heres the film to get you into the mood, warm you up for what you're about to experience at the fest.
- Large typography forming letters CREATE CHANGE, was created to form a white base to contain white milk, set against a white background, . The idea evolved into an extraordinary visual experience to shoot and watch both. As the food colours and detergent were dropped into the milk, trippy colourful reactions brought about the letters CREATE CHANGE. The reactions seemed almost extraterrestrial. Some magical from the outer space like the drama of northern lights while some unseen from deep beneath the layers of earth. The colours blended like in nature looking all balanced in its fusions and transformations. The formations was shot for a stretch of more than 8 hours.
- Here is the making of video for experimental films for Kyoorius Design Yatra. Using Milk + Food Colour + Detergent + Coloured ice cubes + Flower + Wax.
- Directors: Vidya Sharma & Rajesh Thomas
Creative Director: Kay Khoo
Designer: Jui Khopkar
Production & Post Production: RocketscienceLab
Post production head & Compositor: Varun Saini
DOP: Harshith Dambekodi
1st AD: Jigesh Kumar
2nd AD: Sandeep kottila
Music & Sound design: Rahul Pandirkar