- Watch the ThroneMission: Create a new concept for a perfume and create the packaging and bottle design for it.
- I decided to make a perfume concept around Kanye West and his at that time new album called "Watch the Throne" since this was the shit in the music industry at that time. Kanye was going to be the face of the perfume and the figure that the target group was going to pay money to feel some kind of connection with. The album "Watch the Throne" that was a big success was going to be the product thats gonna carry the perfume on its back to success.
- The perfume was going to communicate the same message and mood that the album provided its listeners with and also stay true to the brand of Kanye Wesy. The buzzwords that came up during my research was fortunes, fame, fast life and gold.
- I took a lot of inspiration from this album and the cover design when i made my package design. The idea was to make the perfume package a replica of this cover but in shape of a cube and quite a lot smaller than the album cover.
- I got the inspiration for the packaging from the cover art of the album and made a dummy for it out of wood. This was a big project and to my help i got adobe illustrator, a laser cutter and some gold paint.
- The cutting scheme i made for the laser so it could cut all the different dimensions and depths
required for the 3d effect for the package.
- At the selling part i just went super simple and traditional cause i hadn't much time left until deadline. I made a print ad that would be displayed in the big fashion magazines. It's target group is men in the age of 16-30 who knows a little about the music scene. Or at least knows about Kanye West and Watch the Throne.