- Justin Kamiyama's Portfolio
- Welcome to my portfolio. Thank you so much for taking the time to come and check out my work. It means a great deal that you are here and I hope to not disappoint. My portfolio consists of work in the realms of graphic design, interactive design and motion graphics. Feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss more about me and the work that I do.
- Graphic Design
- One Rock MagazineOne Rock magazine is a magazine that is all about whiskey. The concept and design of this magazine was created with the collaboration and research of myself and four other designers; Jeff Luciana, Patricia Castelain, Josue Mejia, and Antoine Mingo. Each designer focused on a particular aspect of whiskey and based on the articles chosen, which we gained permission to use, designed the layout to go with it. I submitted the logo concept that was modified with the help of the group to what it is here. I also focused on the history of whiskey, and did one page focusing on a particular distillery. For these spreads, I chose to stick to a grayscale palette, but allowing for the imagery to really be the accents with the rich color of whiskey showcasing itself.
- Annual Report Brochure
- XYZ Violin PosterGiven the opportunity to create letterforms of the alphabet in a unique way, I chose to incorporate my passion of playing music and the violin. Who would of thought having four violins could be so handy? Upon making these letterforms with violins, I chose to turn it into a poster, creating an ad to go along with it, promoting a summer strings music camp.
- Buford's BBQMy Uncle Buford Sides has a family recipe for a couple flavors of barbeque sauce started by his father about 60 years ago. A few more sauces were created by my Uncle. As a young boy, my Uncle semi-jokingly used to talk to me about what it would be like to market and make a business of this barbeque sauce. Being the graphic designer that I am, I was given the opportunity to at least take a step in making this more of a reality...visually that is. Learning more about the history of his family and these amazing barbeque sauces, the journey began to create a visual component. The main focus was to create a logo and create packaging for Buford’s BBQ. Naturally, a t-shirt and tractor cap were also created. A unique piece of collateral came about with the help of my grandfather, and that was the wood carrying case for a six-pack of Buford’s BBQ Sauces.
- Sports Logo & StationeryThis is a sports logo and stationery suite I created for a dodgeball team. The stationery includes a letterhead, envelope and business card.
- Constellations CalendarThis is a constellations connect the dot calendar for the 2011 year. This is a non-traditional way of presenting a calendar, and also has a unique interactivity to it that traditional calendars do not give. Each day of the month is a dot which upon all of them being connected forms a constellation that is best seen at night in that month. There is also a brief history of the constellations included based upon either Greek or Roman mythology, depending on the constellation featured.
- NPS Brochure: Shenandoah National ParkThis is a brochure about Shenandoah National Park which is one of the parks under the National Parks Services (NPS). Strong curve elements and natural earth tones help bring out the selling points of Shenandoah National Park, being the scenic drive, views, and wildlife.
- Legacy PosterHaving created this digital painting, I chose to turn this into a poster about first responders and the legacy that
they leave behind serving their community. This poster also includes a call to action of leaving a legacy of your own by becoming a first responder.
- Interactive Design
- InfographicAn infographic is an informational graphic incorporating both imagery and text to show a great deal of information in a quicker and easier way to understand. Baseball is a great subject to create an infographic for as a portion of the excitement of the game is in the statistics. This particular infographic features Babe Ruth’s 60 home runs in one season. This infographic tells of the date, teams playing, pitcher and inning of each
- Web BannersThis is a series of web banners I came up with for the Reston Community Orchestra and their 2011-2012 season "Music From Within."
- Kinetic TypeKinetic type is taking a body of text and putting it into motion through animation to bring the words to life. This particular kinetic type project that I created puts a modern spin on the old nursery rhyme “As I was going to St. Ive’s.” The animation created from flash brings more life to this mathematical mystery.
- Motion Graphics
- Finding HopeStoryboard for “Finding Hope,” an animation created in light of the Virginia Tech shooting and how hope in such painful times can be found in God.
- The Sense of ChristmasThis is a storyboard of a video used to advertise the Christmas Eve service at GraceRiver Church.