- 00. The briefing:In May 2012 I was asked to design a portfolio for the realistic paintor José Luis Rodil. It had to be sober, serious and as simple as possible.
- 01. Features:
· The design doesn't distract: the only thing that stands out is whatever you're looking at.·But the center of attention gets highlighted and unfolded so you can really focus on the detail as this particular artist's style deserves.
·Everything is in just one page, there are no sections to get lost in.
·The navigation is 100% intuitive: if something changes its color, you can click and you know something is about to happen.
·The website is responsive: it adapts to any navigator, platform and number of entries.This is the look of it right now:
- 02. Unused features:The portfolio is online at JoseLuisRodil.com; but since the client is not using all of the features that were designed, I'm going to detail them all using the sketches that I originally sent him:
- Hovering the mouse over the title highlights the arrow behind it. Clicking opens the biography in the selected language and changes the direction of the arrow.
- The same mechanisms apply to the rest of clickable elements, hovering the mouse over them:
- And also to the deployable elements under the thumbnails:
- In the case of the thumbnails, it colors them. Clicking will open a lightbox with one or several views of the painting (being a realistic painter, I thought he would like to put some views of the details).
- Thank you!
I really hope you like my work! If you want to contact me to ask me anything or want me to do any work for you, my email is ManuelDominguez@Area42.es