- Up Greek TourismA crowdfunded grassroots project to support Greek tourismSo what are we going to do about it? Are we going to give up? Are we going to leave? Or are we simply going to play a blame game about bad politicians or irresponsible citizens?Of course we're not going to do any of the above!Up Greek Tourism is an initiative created during this crisis. A group of friends got together and believed they could do something to help one of the most important industries in our country through this difficult period. The main idea is to promote Greek Tourism. They managed to pull this off with the help of crowdfunding, today's means of supporting ideas. More than 300 people donated big and small amounts to push this idea forward. The resources thus became available to use the most prestigious advertising space in the heart of New York City. And all this to promote the best part of our country: Our philoxenia = hospitality.
You can read the whole story about UpGreekTourism on their website.I have been incredibly honored to be chosen by these guys to create the Up Greek Tourism campaign. I have chosen to create 6 mosaics of typical Greek images made out of the people who made this campaign possible. These guys are us. The Greeks. The people who you are going to meet when you are going to visit our country.See you in Greece!
- The billboardsThe main objective of the ‘UP Greek Tourism’ campaign is to promote Greek tourism abroad through an outdoor advertising campaign as well as through word of mouth created by traditional and social media.Outdoor advertising has been chosen because it could create the right buzz. People can be photographed in front of the billboards and share the idea with other supporters.These are the six mosaics I have created for the billboards:(You can click on the images to see a bigger and more detailed version)
- The Animated billboardsThese are the two animated videos we created for the full motion digital displays:
- The Times Square billboard:You can see photos from the actual billboard in Times Square.
- The postersThese are the posters for the campaign.
- Various Applications:
- The Wallpapers:The windsurfer:Santorini:Parthenon:For your iPad. For your iPhone. For your Facebook cover photo.Chairs and Table:For your iPad. For your iPhone. For your Facebook cover photo.Happy girl:Join us in Greece:
- The Credits:Art direction and design: Charis TsevisAnimation: Despo Potamou, Charis TsevisMusic: Ted ReglisPhotography: Ricardo Miguel, Paul Cowan, Krisztina Farkas, C. Cheah, .shockand hundreds of amateur Greek photographers.See you in Greece!