- Job Assesment
Waterworks • 2010
- After leaving Digicel I applied to a local creative agency, Waterworks. I was given a set ads to redesign to assess my ability. They liked the end results a lot but didn't hire me because they didn't have strong need for another designer at that time. After that I went straight into freelancing. I'm still in contact with Waterworks for odd jobs so my application wasn't a complete bust. :)
- Company CD Sleeve
- Spicy CrabbiesWhile I was being assigned old ads to redo, I was asked about food ads. My reply included the words "food is generally easy", Big mistake. I was then given a crappy old photo of some crab cakes to sell without retouching.
- RBTT Credit Card UpgradeThis was a new take on one of their previous ads. I was given the body copy and left to develop the rest.
- Old Magazine AdsFinally I was given two bad magazine ads redo. I was allowed to change the headline, layout and overall concept but had to keep the body copy. My redesigns are below followed by the original ads.
- Here are the two original ads
- Life Throws ChallengesFor this ad I was given a headline. Oh the Irony of that cursed headline >_<