FEATURED ARTIST: MA7
i'm the chosen one for this expo, so they'll take me an interview. here it is:
1) At what age did you start making art on the computer and what did the interest stem from?
I started a few years ago, by creating "tags". Obviously, I was great at those,
but friends (internet friends, because i'm a loner) told me to get into 'artworks'.
So, I started to draw on big canvas, but that's quite recent, and soon i started to love it.
2) You have some really awesome and unique concepts for your artwork.
What do you draw inspiration from in order to conjure up such ideas?
i take my inspiration from random sources, mostly internet and reality. On the internet i look for awesome artists around the world,
and i found out that a few of them are a bit better than me, but just a bit. When it comes to reality, i look at the human being,
it is such an incredible universe of hypocrisy and bad principles!
3) What do you feel Intrinsic Nature offers you as an artist?
I joined IN a couple years ago, and I think that's quite a good place to share art, meet people/artists
from around the world, expose our art etc. I'm sure that it is one of the best artgroups on the internet. I heard about other artgroups like
Depthcore (which is one of the best obviously, I'd like to join it ) or Slashthree (I heard bad things about it, they are a bit strange,
but they make nice art) but I still think that intrinsic nature is at the same level.
4) Do you have a personal favorite piece from the IN12 experiment? If so, why?
i like the whole IN12 exibith in general, but I have a few favorite pieces like "lullaby of the dusk"
(by system, friend and great artist), "those mountains so cruel" (photo by smiling demon,
i love mountains and i think that's a great shot, really intensive), and, of course, every piece from me!
5) What do you want to do as a career? Is art and designed involved in your long-term plans?
yes, it is! I'm currently a graphic design student so arts will be involved at 99% in my long-term plans. I hope to work with graphic design, illustrations,
motion design, bla bla bla.. (someone will understand it), so, in a few words, i hope to become a real 360° artist!
6) Are there any artists that have influenced your work?
like i said before, i take a lot of inspiration from random sites on internet, but of course i have a few favourite artists:
sachin teng, ghostco, tetsuya ishida, always with honour, daniel siim, and a lot more!
7) What do you think your strengths and weaknesses are as an artist?
the only thing i know it's that my weakness maybe could be that i'm too limited into one style of drawing. i hope to
learn soon other tecniques anyway!
8) Do you have any advice for people just getting into art and design on the computer?
i think that i'm nobody to pretend to give advices (=
9) Do art collectives have a bright future, or is it a current fad?
maybe they need more visibility, but i don't think that they a current fad.
10) Do you prefer working alone or welcome collaborations with fellow artists?
in reality i prefer working alone, or with one/two friends with my same tastes and thoughts.
on internet, i never did any collabs, so i couldn't say if i like it or not.
congratulations on becoming featured artist!