- Interaction Design
BMTC Route Search app
The Bangalore Metropolitan TransportCorporation (BMTC) is a government agency that operates the intercity public transport bus service in Bangalore,India. As a part of my Interaction Design course I explored the site work flowsavailable for route search in http://bmtcinfo.com/ site and tried to make the app for route search procedure, so as togive end user an easy and simple interface for planning the intercity travel.The app provides all the local bus information for Bangalore.
- Itallows the user to input address in the route search instead of only option toselect bus stops.
- Providessuggestion list as user types the address.
- Mostof the similar applications searches only for the direct bus routes i.e. bothsource and destination should be covered by the same bus which is a seriousrestriction given possibility of indirect routes is very high. BMTC Routes isthe application that can search for the indirect routes with high degree ofprecision.
- Providesa very intuitive UI. Since the application is targeted to both technical andnon-technical users, the simplified UI is key requirement.
- Providesa list of routes from source to destination. •Providesthe distance from Source to Destination.
- Providesthe route information to the user.Providesa Route Map to the user from source to destination by drawing the route
- Proposed RedesignRedesigned the hierarchy model to Flat model, so as to enhance following workflows:Ø Route Search mechanism available on HomePage!
Ø Provision to input Address in the Route Search instead of only option to select Bus Stops!
Ø Traffic details available on HomePage!
Ø Double the space available for News & update! Or the extra space can be used for other purpose!
Ø No loss of information!
Ø Improved usability!!
Ø Improved search interface!!
Ø No multilevel navigation required for retrieving information!!
- Mobile Application workflow with Interaction Pattern