- Project Brief
- This project was an individual project done under the module 'Information Architecture'. In this project, I tried to
understand the dashboards of various cars and found that cars costing above seven lakh (e.g. Honda city) have
an integrated digital display on its dashboards but cars in range of two to seven lakh don't have it ,though cars like Santro have tried it into implementation.
Hence I've restricted my study and user research to the cars available in the range of 2 to 7 lakh.
Hence the aim : To redesign the car display on dashboards for low costing cars without affecting much to it's selling price.
- User Research
- Approximately 10 users who have cars in the above mentioned range had been interviewed
So following questions were the key questions of the user research :
1. How much feasible the new integrated digital display would be ?
2. Where this integrated display should be placed on dashboard?
3. Which existing indications are viewed often ?
Following was the response :
- Number of people in favor of the concept : 8
- Below the steering wheel : 6 , On the steering wheel : 4
- A list of indications were told by users. Also few users demanded for some new indications.
- As the information available in a car are its indications, I tried to categorize this information as follows based on user research :
* means indication viewed only when light glows or it beeps
** means viewed only ones while driving
*** means viewed very often while driving