- OverviewThe U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website (VA.gov) provides crucial resources for veteran and current military service members and their families and dependents. These services include disability compensation, pension, education, vocational rehabilitation, survivors’ benefits, medical benefits and burial benefits.GoalsThe goal of this website redesign was to focus on the Veterans Services section of the site to ensure efficient access to this crucial key information for the target user groups:• Provide a clear hierarchy of information and group similar navigation items together.• Provide templates to ensure consistent to facilitate content findability.
• Provide context, through section overview content, to orient users within the complex site.
• Reduce jargon by clarifying acronyms and ensure that language is accessible to all user groups.
• Increase user confidence in the reliability of the information and systems at VA.gov.
- Before Redesign: Expert Review of VA.govDue to the large scope of the Veteran’s Affairs institution, the website’s information categorization, searching, and browsing systems are overwhelming and frequently inefficient for task completion.
- Design Recommendations: Wireframes
- Skills Demonstrated
Information architecure (IA), wireframing, Balsamiq Mockups proficiency, interaction design, task flow analysis, use case scenarios.