- Identification, Trinidad and Tobago
Study abroad, May, 2011
The question "Do you want to help lead a study abroad to teach biodiversity in the Tropics?" doesn't come around that often, but when it does, you say "Yes," as calmly as possible.
And then you get out your camera, you get a new bird book, and you start learning.
This selection represents a small portion of two weeks worth of sitting, looking, and convincing students to walk slower so I could have time to frame the right shot. I hope you enjoy. I sure did.
- Little Blue Heron, Egretta caerulea
- Laughing Gull, Larus atricilla
- Palm Tanager, Thraupis palmarum
- White-necked Jacobin, Florisuga mellivora
- Cattle Egret, Bubulcus ibisWater Buffalo, Bubalus bubalis