- Hooray for Hollywood!Award show season is here
- Artwork by Chris Gall"Hooray for HollywoodThat screwy, ballyhooey Hollywood
Where any office boy or young mechanic
Can be a panic, with just a goodlooking pan
Where any barmaid can be a star maid
If she dances with or without a fan"- Hooray for HollywoodLyrics by Johnny Mercer
- Artwork by David Palumbo"I arrived in Hollywood at the age of twenty-two in a time different than today's,a time in which the odds against my standing here tonight fifty-three years laterwould not have fallen in my favor.Back then, no route had been established for where I was hoping to go,no pathway left in evidence for me to trace, no custom for me to follow"- Sidney Poitieraccepting the 2001 Honorary Academy Award in recognition of his remarkable accomplishmentsas an artist and as a human being.
- Artwork by Thomas Ehretsmann"Wow, I'm in a category with some great, great, great actors.Fantastic actors. And I'm overwhelmed, I'm really overwhelmed."- Philip Seymour Hoffmanaccepting an 2005 Academy Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role, Capote
- Art Work by Ted Wright"Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high
There's a land that I've heard of once in a lullaby.
Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream,
Really do come true."- Somewhere over the Rainbow1940 Academy Award for Best Original Song
- Art Work by Gregory ManchessWalt Disney holds the record for most Academy Awards ever received with 22 competitive and 4 honorary.
- Artwork by James Bennett"You know, when you grow up in the suburbs of Sydney or Auckland, or Newcastle like Ridleyor Jamie Bell, or the suburbs of anywhere, you know, a dream like this seems kind of vaguelyludicrous and completely unattainable. But this moment is directly connected to those childhoodimagining[s]. And for anybody who's on the down side of advantage and relying purely oncourage, it's possible."- Russell Croweaccepting a 2000 Academy Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role, Gladiator
- Artwork by Mark Summers"There is no way that I can express to you what I'm feeling right now, my heart is full to bursting,except to say, "I'm the king of the world!"- James Cameronaccepting a 1997 Academy Award for Best Director, Titanic
- Artwork by Edward Kinsella III"Even my failures make money and become classics a year after I make them."- Alfred Hitchcock
- Artwork by C.F. Payne"Movies are not made in isolation; it's a group activity. And it's only because of the work, the veryhard work, of many actors, writers, directors, producers, creative technicians, thousands ofassistants of all kinds, and projectionists, that I'm able to stand here and accept this award.I'm very, very grateful to them all."- George Lucasaccepting an Irving G. Thalberg Memorial Award in 1991
- Artwork by Maria Corte Maidagan"Thank you. I want to thank those who voted for me to get this award. I wish that Harpo and Chicocould be here to share it with me, this great honor..."- Groucho Marxaccepting an Honorary Academy Award n recognition of his brilliant creativity and for theunequaled achievements of the Marx Brothers in the art of motion picture comedy in 1973
- Artwork by Douglas Smith"This had been an incredible joy. One of the greatest I've ever had in my whole life. I have lovedbeing a makeup artist so much, but this kind of puts the crown, a cap, on all of that, all of that.To have so much kindness given to me all in one huge piece is just too much. I am so grateful.Thank you so much."- Dick Smith,accepting The 2011 Honorary Academy Award his unparalleled mastery of texture, shade,form and illusion
- Artwork by Rudy Gutierrez"As you see, the costumes from "Star Wars" are really not so much costumes as a bit of plumbingand general automobile engineering"- John Molloaccepting a 1977 Academy Award for Costume Design, Star Wars
- Artwork by Murray Kimber"When a man's an empty kettle,
He should be on his mettle,
And yet I'm torn apart.
Just because I'm presumin'
That I could be kinda human
If I only had a heart."- Tin Man's song, Wizard of Oz,1940 Academy Award Winner for Best Music
- Artwork by Ricardo Martinez"That's the closest I'll ever come to getting a knighthood, so thank you. My deepest thanks to themembers of the Academy for whacking me with the handsomest bludgeon in town."- Daniel Day-Lewis,accepting a 2007 academy award for Best Actor in a Leading Role, There Will Be Blood
- Artwork by Tran Nguyen"Because technically actors are just public servants really. They just tell stories because peopleneed to be told stories. That's all it is. And yet we get treated as though we're important."- James McAvoy,winner of BAFTA's Rising Star Award in 2008
- Artwork by Tim Bower"It's much heavier than I imagined. I... gosh, I had something to say and I can't remember what Iwas gonna say for the life of me. I don't think that ever in my life have so many people been sodirectly responsible for my being so very, very glad. It's a wonderful moment and a rare one andI'm certainly indebted. Thank you."- Marlon Brandoaccepting a 1954 Academy Award for Best Actor, On the Waterfront
- Artwork by David Johnson"Thank you."- Alfred Hitchcockaccepting the Irving G. Thalberg Memorial Award, 1967Academy Awards,
- Artwork by Jason Seiler"It's a very long way from the heart of the Belgian Congo to the stage of the Pantages Theatre,and I'm very glad to say that it's a little nicer here than it was there."- Humphrey Bogartaccepting a 1951 Academy Award for Best Actor, The African Queen
- Artwork by Goni MontesZero Dark Thirty Producer Megan Ellison is nominated for a 2013 Academy Award for Best Picture.
- Artwork by Guy Stauber"I really want to thank the actors branch of the Academy first, for just being a nominee with fouractors that I really admire, and at least one that I consider a really good friend who I admire.And thank you for that. And for this fellow [the Oscar] from all of the Academy, I just want to shareit with all the good work that was done by all the branches, whether you were nominated or nottonight, but this is all with you."- Michael Douglasaccepting a 1987 Academy Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role, Wall Street
- Artwork by Tyler Jacobson"This is just unbelievable. I'm so honored, touched and relieved that the Academy and themembers of the Academy that have supported us have seen past the trolls and the wizardsand the hobbits and are recognizing fantasy this year. Fantasy is an F-word that hopefullythe five second delay won't do anything with."- Peter Jacksonaccepting a 2003 Academy Award for Best Picture, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
- Artwork by Kent Barton"Anyone who has ever been privileged to direct a film also knows that, although it can be liketrying to write War and Peace in a bumper car in an amusement park, when you finally get it right,there are not many joys in life that can equal the feeling."- Stanley Kubrickaccepting a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Directors Guild of America in 1997
- Artwork by John Mattos"Brigid O'Shaughnessy: I haven't lived a good life. I've been bad, worse than you could know.Sam Spade: You know, that's good, because if you actually were as innocent as you pretendto be, we'd never get anywhere."- from The Maltese Falconnominated for 3 Academy Awards in 1942
- Artwork by Bill Sanderson"I actually, I have friends who have won this before, but -- and I swear -- I have never held onebefore. This is the first time I've ever had one of these in my hand. Oh, dear."- Steven Spielbergaccepting a 1993 Academy Award for Best Director, Schindler's List
- Artwork by Chase Stone"Ladies and gentlemen, this represents so much effort on the part of so many people. I'm mostgrateful to them, to "King Kong" and Dino for making this possible. I thank them."- Frank Van Der Veeraccepting a 1976 Special Achievement Academy Award (Visual Effects), King Kong
- Artwork by Dongyun Lee"If you look round Hollywood there's no end of white smiles and six packs. Long lines of beautifulpeople lining up to be incredible on film."- Tom Hardylead actor in award winning 2012 film Lawless