June 2007 - December 2007involvement
London, Great Britain
- 5 short videos were created by me for this project
- 350,000 is the amount of views the videos had combined
- 7 hours after the Golden Compass premiere event, the video was available, fully edited.
- 20 plus websites picked it up in the first day of release
The first time I met Wisse Stolk many years ago he struck me as a quintessential people person; easygoing and capable of working in diverse teams. However, many easygoing people especially the Dutch suffer from a terrible flaw. Although they are very relaxed, they miss that meritocratic attitude that successful professionals should possess; it is this drive that turns good work into great. That is why I was pleasantly surprised when we attracted Wisse to work on video coverage of New Line Cinemas The Golden Compass production. At the première he also demonstrated a passion and commitment which blew the other journalists away. Thanks to his 18 hour work days we managed to achieve a 3 hour turnaround on all our material. Since then Wisse has worked on material for us which has achieved combined views of more than 100,000, and has impressed our partners worldwide. Suffice to say that if there is anyone I would recommend it is Wisse Stolk. Not only will he do everything asked of him in the most pleasant and diligent fashion, but he will literally go the extra mile to ensure the success of your project.
Ryan den Rooijen, CEO at HisDarkMaterials.org
- (material provided by New Line Cinema)
- (interview by: Ryan den Rooijen, material provided by New Line Cinema)