- Here I Am...Exploring the stillness of architecture in relationship to the people who move in and out of them
- For this brief I was given an A4 sized visual journal and was asked to map my existence and experience through the daily use of this visual journal and then to focus in on one area and produce four A3 sized finals (can be tiled). In the end I decided to focus on the old Architecture around Parnell/New Market in Auckland and the idea that the buildings remain still whilst the people move in and out of them and experimented ways of showing movement.
I've included a few spreads from my journal below which shows my process through to my final outcomes.
- Visual Diary process
- 297 x 420mmIndian ink on illustration board
- 297 x 420mmIndian ink and acrylic on illustration board
- 594 x 420mmIndian ink on illustration board
- © Helen Mai (2010)