- Hewlett-Packard's Officejet Pro 8600 is a complete full-color inkjet All-in-One printer, scanner, copier & fax that follows up on the previous Officejet Pro 8500A series. Designed for small and mid-size businesses, as well as for deployment in enterprises, this multi-function printer provides laser print quality, cloud-based printing (Apple AirPrint & integration Google Docs), duplex function (printing on both sides of paper), color touch screen UI and HP Print Apps. Copying is easy and sharp. It provides fax support as well.
The range consists of three different price points: the Base version, the Plus configuration and the Premium package.
- The design accentuates the workflow and creates a powerful, recognisable icon. All moving parts, UI elements and sliders are integrated in one gesture. The build quality is both smoother and sturdier to withstand the rigours of office use. The matte finish makes dust and fingerprints much less apparent than with a glossy piano-black finish. Replacing the four separate ink cartridges is very easy and a LED light illuminates the area where the ink cartridges are housed.
The redesigned print-head carriage effectively reduces the footprint, so that the printer takes up less space on your desktop.
- The color touch screen is exceptionally easy to navigate - menus flow well, and easy-to-access help is provided. The touch screen has also been enhanced with smartphone-like swiping - just swipe the touch screen to browse options, instead of having to locate and press buttons.
The touch screen also displays previews of scanned documents, and provides a QWERTY-style keypad for entering text such as e-mail addresses and names for scanned files. It can be tilted up and down and locks into place at the most comfortable angle for viewing and operation.
- The Base version leverages unpainted matte & glossy surfaces to create an attractive and premium design.
- The packaging uses up to 70% less material by weight compared with color laser printers. It also uses up to 50% less energy than color laser printers.
The Premium version includes a 500-sheet paper tray and extra ink supplies for high-volume print outputs.
- Retail price
HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-AIO: $199
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus: $299
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium: $399 (US Only)
Photo credits: Hewlett-Packard