- Heroes, Legends and IconsBranding, Art Direction and Web Design.
- Heroes, Legends and Icons is dedicated to showcasing the greatest and most influential singers, musicians and bands of all time. At HLI Music, we’re creating collections of the greatest hits of artists which we consider heroes, legends, icons and divas from the 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s. Our compilations and individual songs can be purchased through a variety of online stores including iTunes and Amazon.The brief for this project was to create an instantly recognizable brand which would have a strong identity as a series and really highlight the artist on each album.
- My design for The Rat Pack album has been the best seller (see below) on iTunes for the past 6 months and was recently featured in iTunes 'Top-Selling Albums Under £5' as you can see above.
Click here to see The Rat Pack album on iTunes
- The key focus throughout this project was to create a collectors series, iconic looking simple design which older audiences would value but work in a contemporary format.
- The key aesthetics for these album was it's search impact as well creating an album concept which the owner was proud to own and see on their mp3 player. The typography needed to be clear as well as the artist within it on iTunes' older store, the format at the time had a very small album cover preview. I tested all the designs on a variety of music players to ensure they still had the impact I was aiming for.
- As well the album concept I designed and maintain the HLI Music website. This website holds information on all our catalogue as well as links to each product on various online stores. It also features a blog which features regular updates varying from product relases to posts about the artists or the period. The blog is intended to help drive traffic to the site, I have implemented as much SEO work as I can throughtout the site to also help this.You can view the Heroes, Legends & Icons website HERE
- HLI Music has recently started a Youtube channel to help promote the music further on various platforms, and since November 2011 has already accumilated over 40,000 views.Subscribe to the Heroes, Legends & Icons Youtube Channel HEREBelow you can see the rest of the designs so far for the Heroes, Legends and Icons series.