- Grid.Visualization & Remote ApplicationsMac, Windows, Linux, iPhone & iPad
- GRID is an interactive multi-touch sound visualization for the band Mathon and the ZKM AppArtAward 2011. Created for live events, the application consists of a desktop version for realtime graphic visualization of music – created using Processing and also an iOS version for interacting with the Processing app – created using openFrameworks.
- The basic appearance is based on a shape that deforms synced to an audio signal. A never ending journey through portal-like visuals, organic and technical scenes take the viewer into a surreal feeling atmosphere. Forming rapidly changing pictures out of those shapes the viewer seems to be part of electrical impulses catching short impressions of the human and his role in the universe…..
- Using an iPad or an iOS capable device people can diretly interact with the music visualization. By using Multi-Touch it is possible to manipulate the camera of the desktop visualization as well as changing between different scenes. Set up is quite simple as long as your ports are generally open. Using OSC, one app talks to the other, as long as they are on the same network and your port 12000 is open. You first check the IP of your desktop, fire up the desktop app then on your iPhone or iPad go into app preferences where all app settings are listed, find GRID remote and enter the IP address of the desktop. Now launch the GRID Remote on your iOS device you are good to go.
- The artwork is the result of a cooperation between the interactive arts collective Futura Epsis 1 based in Hamburg, Germany represented by Andreas Rothaug and the band Mathon from Switzerland who are responsible for the sound.
The downloads are available for: iPhone / iPad, Mac OS 10.6, Windows and Linux.
You can also get the new Mathon album “Terrestre” on iTunes or www.mathonmusic.ch.