- Graphic Design IIQueens College, Spring 2011
Professor Fred J. DeVito
- A selection of projects from my Graphic Design II course.
- Choose a designer and create an 18x12 magazine spread on the grid. Must include an "interview"* based on research done, as well as a portrait of the designer.
*Some interview questions from Eye Magazine.
- Create an 18x12 advertisement for the Nikon D90 DSLR in the style of your chosen designer.
- "301 DPI" is the chosen title of our class ("design firm"). "Design. Produce. Innovate." is my chosen tagline, which, as instructed, was based on the three letters, DPI, in our name. This is the first of two spreads addressing a logo and branding solutions for the class. This is an 18x12 spread with sketches, color inspiration, etc. on the left side and the final logo sized large and small on the right.
- This is the second 18x12 spread, incorporating the logo into a series of branding items:Letterhead -- 8.5 wide x 11 deep inches
Envelope -- #10 = 9.5 w x 4.125 d inches
Business Card -- 3.5 w x 2 d inches is standard size. If you choose you can alter the size smaller or larger. You can also incorporate a folded piece or flap, i.e., if using the standard size a fold of 1.5 could be the flap. You can also design the card vertically as opposed to horizontally.
Thank You Card -- Closed = 6.25 w x 4.5 d inches. Opened 6.25 w x 9.125 d inches
Thank You Envelope -- 6.5 w x 4.75 d inches
CD/DVD case -- Closed = 5.5 w x 5 d inches. Opened 11.125 w x 5 d inches
CD/DVD -- 4.625 x 4.625 inches round
Mailing Label -- 4.5 w x 3.5 d inches
Promotional item -- be creative! (I chose both a pen and t-shirt)
- "Based on the devastating earthquake, tsunami and nuclear meltdown in Japan, this project is a Public Service billboard. You will work in groups to decide on a cause, message and organization. The logo of the organization chosen needs to be utilized."My group chose the American Red Cross and their message to donate blood. This was the design I contributed, and ultimately, our final submission for the project.
- Create an 18x12 poster for a concert or movie. I chose a Dodos concert in NYC that I was later to attend.
(Months later I went to another concert of theirs in Brooklyn and gave a copy of my poster to the vocalist Meric Long as they were setting up on stage. He was confused by this tube I was handing him, but I hope he looked at it later and liked it. :)