- Goats (and My Hatred of Goat Cheese)
A true story
- But it wasn't always this way...
- I never liked goat cheese much. Well,... not at all. To me it tasted like male goats smell- you know, that goat-y smell/taste. Anyway, yuck. Make that yuckety-yuck-yuck.
I could agree that goats, themselves, were terrific in other ways. Just couldn't abide by the cheese.
- But I kept trying it because both healthy and sophisticated people seemed to like goat cheese. Still, yuck. With dried cranberries? No good. With herbs? Nope. Black pepper? No. Even garlic? Still, no. It didn't matter.
- Then, things changed...
My friends, Jane and Susan, kept goats and began to make cheese. Fresh, wonderful, non goat-y goat cheeses! Hard cheeses too! It's great stuff and I was a convert. You can visit them online here: Jane and Susan and their wonderful stuff
- Happy Goat Cheese Ending.