Showcase & Discover Creative Work Sign Up For Free
Hiring Talent? Post a Job

Bēhance

Freelance Academy

  • 85
  • 1
  • 0
  • AIGA South Dakota
    Event Poster Design / Chapter Involvement
  • Having been involved with the South Dakota Chapter of AIGA since its inception, and most recently serving as a Board Member, I jumped at the chance to design a poster for the professional association of design's Freelance Academy event.

    The AIGA Freelance Academy was incredible, and Traci Moore Clay from St. Louis, Mo., talked shop about her experience, trials and tribulations with being out on her own as a designer.

    Many designers want the freedom of being out on their own, but not many can handle the responsibility. One can easily go from designing 24/7 at an agency to only 30 percent design and the rest accounting, meetings, scheduling, bookkeeping and poli-tricking the other 70 percent of the time.

    Her message: play to your strengths, put it in writing, never spec, set realistic goals and boundaries, collaborate whenever possible and get rest when you can. Our message: do great work like this, and people will take notice.