- Primary Client: Show Management
Agency: Escape Key Graphics
Artist, Illustrator, Designer: John Potter
- I’m pleased to unveil the 2013 Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show Map. It’s very exciting to have a new, more realistic version of the map. Of course working on one of the world’s largest boat shows and working on a project so close to home are also exciting. The original, vector based map was also revised and is used in the free boat show phone app.The map will appear in the boat show program available for free at the show and on signage throughout the show. It will also appear in the Fort Lauderdale Sun Sentinel and Dockwalk Magazine among others.
- Among the other updates this year I redesigned the six double page spread detail illustrations of the major tents like the one below.
- The Greater Ft. Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center has also been upgraded this year with a new look and feel using a 3d computer model. This opens up more options for future maps and applications.
- Also new this year is this exterior map of The Greater Ft. Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center.
- I also revised the transit map (of my design).
- Updated Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina map
- As I mentioned the Phone App map was also updated.
- It was later requested that I create two vertical “You Are Here” type maps showing the whole boat show looking north and south as well as nine tent maps similar to the tent detail spreads in the boat show program. All of these tent maps include a small inset map showing where the tent is in relation to the whole show. Some of the lists of exhibitors were too long to put on the same side as the map and will be displayed on the reverse side of the signage.
- Also of interest… I created a detail map for one of the exhibitors at the show.
- I hope you enjoy my illustrated maps and if you are in town please visit the show.If you would like to see larger images please visit my website