- T-Shirt Designs for MASScanvas
Benefiting "Charity: Water"
- The following designs were made for a t-shirt design contest held by MASScanvas. The contest was hosted and judged by internet personality Justine Ezarik, better known as "iJustine." She chose the charity "Charity: Water" to be the beneficiary, so we were presented with the task of creating artwork, in any style, that best incorporates the theme of "Fluidity."
Each participant was allowed two entries, and after voting and judging periods, five winners were announced. I'm happy to say that both of my entries were chosen to be in the top five.
These designs are now being sold in the MASScanvas shop as limited-edition t-shirts, with only 1000 of each to be printed. A portion of each sale goes directly to Charity: Water, which is a non-profit organization bringing clean and safe drinking water to people in developing nations.
If you would like to buy a shirt, please visit: MASScanvas Shop
- A simple image that is "fluid" in the two different ways - it shows the connection between 'charity: water' and technology, as the basic act of clicking your mouse to buy the shirt helped to provide water to those in need. On the other hand, the raincloud can also be taken as a metaphor for the internet: The constant "flood" of information, the ease of sharing and spreading content, the overwhelming "storm" of creativity, and the idea that each individual brings their own voice. This one-color design is clear and uncluttered, just like a perfect glass of water, so you can wear it proudly knowing you don't take such things for granted.
- A Drop of Life
- This design shows the connection between water and everyday life, as even objects that we don't normally associate with water are still only possible because of its importance as a resource. Here, the versatility and vitality of water is therefore represented front and center.
- All above images are property of MASScanvas.