- Floating:"Interactive realtime 3D sound visualization with iPad remote control & HTML5 website."
Futura Epsis 1 / Rumpistol / Red Baron
- For the release of the Floating LP by danish artist Rumpistol we created an interactive realtime
sound visualization with an iPad remote control and a cutting edge HTML5 website.
The visuals are available as a free download for Mac, Linux and Windows and can be used in stereoscopic 3D with red/blue- shutter- or polarization glasses via side by side rendering.
As a teaser for the project we created an state of the art HTML5 website that shows one of the floating scenes in the browser.
- The visuals:
- The remote app:
- "Using Multi-Touch the visuals are remote controllable with an iPad via WIFI."
Use one finger to change the camera perspective or use more than one finger to zoom into 3D models.
Users can also choose their own color and switch between scenes and 3D modes for example for the use with shutter-glasses.
- The behavior of the app is based on a fluid algorithm that has been calculated between 1750 and 1850 but could not been solved until the 1950's when researchers started to use computers and develop numerical algorithms to solve the equation.
- The sound:
"Rumpistol / Red Baron - Floating LP"
- Danish electronic artist Rumpistol, aka Jens B. Christiansen, releases his fourth and most extroverted album yet 'Floating' a collaboration with LA based vocalist Red Baron that further explores the post dub-step vocal territories opened up on last year's Talk To You EP.
Live performance at the 'MUTEK festival' 2012 in Montreal, CANADA:
- Recording from the new media arts festival "Click" in Helsingør, Denmark 2012:
- Official "Floating" music video released on Project Mooncricle:
- Press quotes:
- "Brilliant soundscape!"
Laurent Garnier - PBB Radio/Various (FR)
"As If Beatles and Prince were composing electronic music together in Denmark in 2012. More than beautiful!"
DR P6/Carsten Holm (DK)
"This is what Massive Attack should be doing... Big support."
Ashley Beedle - Balistic Brothers/Various (UK)
"Every track on this is absolute killer!"
Chrome Kids (UK)
"Absolutely intriguing sound, I'm feeling it."
Simbad - Raw Fusion/GAMM/Various (UK)
"Red Baron's soul searching matches in perfect harmony the mystery touch to Rumpistol's grace and pondering mannerisms."
"The new Floating eloquently proofs that there is life after post-dubstep. Floating is undoubtedly Christiansens best work..."
Drum And Bass (HU)
"An incredibly smart meeting of minds, this album never ceases to satisfy and charm, and repeat listens only serve to increase the pleasure one gets from it."
The Milk Factory (UK)
"The whole LP is ace. DEEP. I'm so into the vocal track, love Red's voice"
Dj Flight - Metalheadz/Rinse FM/Various (UK)
"Soulful bass-elegance. You're spoiling us Mr. Rumpistol."
(5/6) - GAFFA (DK)
"Really dig this... will definitely support on the show. Look forward to hearing more too!"
Part Time Heros - Soundwave/Vibe Bar/Various (UK)
"Simply HUGE. So much inspiration and creativity, it's almost overwhelming. Love the vocal tunes. I recommend checking this out!"
Urban Waves (ES)
"An incredibly beautiful 12-track album of mind-blowing contrasts - so intense, that you sort of get addicted"
Mo Fidelity (RU)
© 2012 Futura Epsis 1for commercial use, licencing & booking contact FE1