- My cousin had celebrated his first birthday in mid-2011, and I wanted to create something to make the ocassion. Disatisified with sticking to a regular store-bought card, I decided to illustrate and make one - something I hadn't attempted in years, and not at this level. To say that this card is long overdue is an understatement, but here it is: My cousin Jaden's first birthday card in all its glory.
Some parts could use improvement, but that's part of the learning process.
- Jaden's First Birthday Card
A traditional-media illustrated, handmade greeting.
- Process: Original Drawings
- Process: Double-checking sketch/page layout before the trip to the light box.
- Process: Coloured, Pre-lettering Stage
- Card's construction was derived from the X Book tutorial (page 32) in Making Handmade Books: 100+ Bindings, Structures, and Forms by Alisa Golden.