Fairings for Ultra-Lite Aircraft with iPad case
- Student ShowProject Featured On:Student Show — 7/1/12
- Ultra-Lite fairing and iPad case
- The aim of this project was to design fairings and a iPad case for a basic ultra-lite craft.
The fairings served the purpose of improving the look of the aircraft and to add storage space for longer flights, the iPad case was required as the pilot will need to check engine and weather statistics during flight.
- There are two draws under the users seat, a handheld radio or drink could be stored in this location.
The main storage compartment can be accessed though the side panel, camping equipment could be stored at this location.
- Another feature of the case is the sealed camera window allowing the user to take photos or video during a flight.
- This unit is designed to be produced to fit a large variety of existing ultra-light aircraft.
It has a telescopic neck so that it can meet the requirements of various sized users.