- Behance.netProject Featured On:Behance.net — 5/6/11
THE BRIEFTo create a new global vision that centralises Ferrari's online presence, bringing together news, entertainment, gaming, merchandise and connect Ferrari’s global fan-base with rich digital content.THE WORKAn elegantly designed website houses Ferrari’s wealth of content in channels that appeal to both Formula 1 (F1) and GranTurismo (GT) fans that include Ferrari.TV (a central media player), an encyclopaedic library of over 200 classic Ferraris, an online community uniting Ferrari’s global fan-base and My Ferrari, where visitors can configure and save their dream Ferrari and owners can access essential information about their cars.Three innovative, dynamic core areas were central to the new website experience:
THE RESULTSSince the launch,the website’s traffic has doubled, with more than 2 million unique visitors each month and more than 1 million people registering.The richness of content and level of engagement has also been praised highly by both the automotive press and industry.
- Maranello Experience - an interactive film tour of Ferrari's famous factory
- Atelier - an online version of Ferrari's unique client personalisation programme
- Muretto - A Formula 1 telemetry analysis tool for racing fans
- Atelier - Customising your FerrariFerrari’s Client personalisation service has been brought to life online. Unique compression techniques reveal car interiors in breathtaking detail and give visitors an experience second only to sitting in a Ferrari itself. They can personalise exterior and interior colours, wheels and callipers – exploring more than 4,000 configurations for each model. Visitors can then take their customised car on a track for a test drive.
- Maranello ExperienceA fully immersive and interactive journey takes fans behind Ferrari’s famous gates to areas never seen before by the general public. During 20 minutes of exclusive behind-the-scenes film visitors enjoy unprecedented access to Maranello – usually the preserve of Ferrari’s most privileged Clients. Built using Adobe’s latest video-encoding technology, the film is loaded intelligently to create a seamless experience.
- MurettoThe Muretto (Italian for ‘pit wall’) is an interactive, race data comparison tool that allows Ferrari F1 fans to compare the driving performance of current and past F1 drivers. Fans can analyse the speed, gear changes, brake and throttle pressure, and G-force of Felipe Massa, Kimi Räikkönen and past Ferrari racing heroes. Ferrari’s F1 test driver, Marc Gene, provides the commentary for each track and gives unique insights into the driver’s experience.