- Experimental short-movies
A work in progress
My video work is quite diverse, and ranges from abstract or dark pieces to more cheerful ones. In this short selection, I'm focusing on more experimental darker short-movies.
All content copyright (C) 2010 JS Monzani / jsmonzani.com - all rights reserved
- embrio explores the inner impulses and obsessions of a young woman in a cold casual word. While being sequential and apparently narrative, the movie actually focuses on sensations and feelings and is open to the viewer's interpretation.
Story, direction, film and music: Jean-Sébastien Monzani
Acting: Stéphanie Schneider
- Fragments - Les Bruissements du Monde explores the quest for identity and quietness in the rumble of the world. The surreal story leads to questions about individuality. Does it still exist, when everything is described, discussed and controlled by the media? What kind of relationships are made possible between these broken souls?
Direction, film and music: Jean-Sébastien Monzani
Woman: Stéphanie Schneider
Man: Laurent Annoni
Camera: Jean-Sébastien Monzani, Sébastien Monachon and Francesca Palazzi (assistant)
- A reflection on power and sensuality, Paragenèse explores the body-language and relationships of three linked characters.
Direction, film and music by Jean-Sébastien Monzani
The Queen: Claire Deutsch
The King: Vincent Brayer
The Valet: Adrien Barazzone
Camera 2: Sébastien Monachon
Assistant: Jonas Fornerod
- Presented like a live performance, Normality questions the notions of identity and individuality. In a sterile world, an androgynous character seeks freedom and interacts with symbolic elements whose interpretation is left to the spectator. The original soundtrack composed after the video emphasizes the dreamy trip of this escape.
Written, directed and filmed by Jean-Sébastien Monzani
Acting by Catherine Delmar
Music Composed and Produced by Angelo Vitaliano angelovitaliano.it