- Earlhamite (Alumni Magazine of Earlham College)
Art Director: James Sholly / Commercial Artisan, Indianapolis
- The theme for this magazine was 'Hidden Treasures at Earlham', and I had the whole front and back covers... what a delight! I wanted to show as many of the 'treasures' as possible, including 'hidden' workers, local delights, and pieces from their museum collections. They sent the layout so I could fit it all in, without anything being obscured by the title, mailing address, etc.
- Here are the initial sketches:
- They liked the idea of a campus-curtain being pulled aside to reveal the treasures, so I started refining it:
- And here's the final art, which I show in two pieces so you can see the detail:
- Here's the final design: