- EUROPE 'Bag of Bones'CD / LP Campaign Artwork
- When Swedish rock group EUROPE recorded their 9th studio album "Bag of Bones", it indicated a return to the band's classic rock roots. "Bag of Bones" is a storming retro-rock album with blues and classic rock undertones - one that has been met with enormous critical acclaim.
The front cover artwork was designed by Swedish artist Ulf Lundén whom the band admired for his graphic work on GRAVEYARD's "Hisingen Blues".
It was then up to me to apply a brand new EUROPE logo to the image - one that took over 60 hours to fashion.(Click here for details: EUROPE Not Supposed to Sing the Blues / Workflow).
- I then went on to design the back cover, disc label and CD booklet artwork, taking my cues from the main cover image which was a visual vortex of objects and 'hidden' song-titles which just begged to be found.Below: the expanded views of the CD artwork and booklet.
- A limited edition vinyl LP release was required by two of the band's record labels, so I set about visualising and realising the gatefold LP sleeve, disc labels and insert with lyrics.
- The result was a very cohesive pair of products which, when combined with stage backdrops, scrims and drum-risers I designed for the live tour; worked well as components across the entire "Bag of Bones" campaign.