- This semester I have the priveledge of learning from the lovely Jenni Friedman and Harriet Caldwell.
- Drawing Assignments:
- This piece is my 'non-self portrait'. I chose this collection of animals and objects because I feel that animals are very intuitive and strong, but can be vulnerable. The bear is dressed up because I love clothes, and my Abuelo did as well. He would draw lots of fabulous women in fabulous clothes, and made sure my Abuela had a nice dress to wear. The mermaid tail was included because I think life can be pretty magical, and the cameo represents memories that I carry around. This piece will be shown at the Goldfarb Student Exhibition at my school this month, (March 2013) which is pretty exciting!
- For this piece, we first had to draw the negative spaces in a still life of chairs and easels. Then we were told to use these drawings as content for abstractions, and this is what I came up with. They're done in charcoal on white paper.
- The next three drawings are a set. The first is a realistic depiction of a still life and the second and third are abstractions of it using conte, charcoal, and pastel.
- The next piece is probably my favorite thing I've made. ever. These are some explanations of symbols I used:Sheet Music and clarinet keys: I incorporated sheet music to represent my time in the marching band playing clarinet. I really didn't enjoy it.Ram: In Judaism, horned animals are very important. Rams’ horns are blown at the start of the year as a sign of remembrance, repentance, and purificaton. It is also said that the horns represent the moon, which constantly changes its position.Mosaics: The petal shapes I used reference the mosaics in an ancient temple in Israel depicting the zodiac, which is considered ‘pagan’. This really confused archaeologists because they didn’t seem to belong there.I thought it was really wonderful to be able to transform experiences into art.
- This next set of drawings is for an assignment that required me to explore a place. I had grandiose ideas at first, but quickly decided to draw the bathroom. I compiled these images into a book.
- 2D Color:
- The next pieces are self portraits using cool and warm colors for my 2D Color class.
- The following project was my final painting assignment. We were told to create three compositions that work alone and together that create space using leaf and flower imagery. One was with cool colors, one with warm, and one with both.
- Thank you so much for looking! Hope you enjoy my work.
For goodies: www.etsy.com/shop/hippieatart
To contact me: email@example.com